- Manufacturer: Fortune Health Care, India
Fildena 25 is lower potency medicine that is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or sexual impotence. A renowned pharmaceutical company called Fortune Healthcare manufactures Fildena 25. It is specially prescribed for men who experience feeble erection during sexual activity, which prevents them to make love.
Usually, Fildena 25 is prescribed for men with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. This lower potency medicine is perfect for elder men who suffer from erectile dysfunction and have chronic medical illnesses. This generic ED drug is highly effective in restoring the penile blood supply for an erection that sustains for longer duration so that a man can complete the session of sexual intercourse. It is important that you use Fildena 25 as per your doctor’s recommendation.
Indications – Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or Sexual Impotence
Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg is the active component of Fildena 25, which is a selective PDE5-inhibitor. The main function of this drug is on a specific enzyme known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). By suppressing this enzyme, the drug enhances the secretion of nitric oxide and cGMP. This enzyme-chemical interaction allows the blood to flow freely across the body, including the penile organ. This way an erection is encouraged by Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg on sexual excitement.
- Fildena 25 should be used as instructed by a medical professional and follow all instructions carefully.
- The dose is ought to be taken only when required i.e. when you want to indulge in sexual practice.
- It is essential that you take the dose at least an hour before commencing sexual activity.
- Swallow whole pill orally with a glass full of water, preferably on an empty stomach for proper assimilation of the drug.
- Do not crush, chew or break the pill, as doing so may decrease the drug’s efficacy.
- Overdose with Fildena 25 may increase the risk of adverse events, so keep a proper gap of 24 hours between two doses.
- Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg may lose its effectiveness if taken along with grapefruits, fatty foods and alcohol.
- Before treatment, it is highly recommended that you inform your doctor about certain health issues, such as pre-existing medical ailment, undergoing treatment with prescription/OTC medicines, and allergic to any medications.
- Men with severe medical issues and history of Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg allergy should not use Fildena 25. Also, men taking alpha-blockers or nitrates for cardiac issues are advised not to use this generic ED medication, as they readily interact adversely.
- Mild to moderate drowsiness is one of the common side effects of Fildena 25; hence, it is suggested to stay away from activities that need attention, such as driving, operating a machine, etc.
- Women and children are not allowed to use this prescription ED medicine, as Sildenafil Citrate 25 mg is not yet studied in such subjects. So, keep the medicine in a safe and secured place.
- Always check the expiry date before using this medicine. Using an outdated medicine increases the risk of drug reactions.
- Hot flashes
- Runny nose
- Upset stomach
- Blurry vision
The aforementioned side effects are common and subside as the drug is eliminated from the body. However, if you experience pain in chest with breathlessness, skin rashes and swelling of face or lips, then immediately seek medical attention. Priapism, erection lasting for more than four hours, is a rare side effect that need immediate surgical intervention.