- Manufacturer: Fortune Health Care, India
Proscalpin 1mg is a generic medicine prescribed for the treatment of male pattern baldness, also called Androgenic Alopecia. This condition is characterized by the progressive thinning and losing of hair in men. There are a few factors responsible for causing hair fall in men. Predominantly, genetics influence and hormonal imbalance play a great role in developing androgenic alopecia. Fortune Healthcare, a renowned pharmaceutical company, manufactures Proscalpin 1mg.
1mg Finasteride is the active chemical composition of Proscalpin, which is an FDA approved 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. Finasteride is prescribed for the treatment of male pattern baldness and benign prostate enlargement (in large doses). The drug corrects the underlying hormonal problem in order to reverse the condition. It is found that Finasteride, if taken regularly, prevents and treat hair loss. Also, it promotes hair re-growth in terms of thickness and density.
Indications – Male Pattern Baldness or Androgenic Alopecia
1mg Finasteride is the active drug, which is a selective 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. The secretion of an enzyme 5-alpha-reductase is reduced after the oral administration of Proscalpin. This action mechanism of Finasteride stops the conversion of testosterone (male sexual hormone) into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The main pathology behind androgenic alopecia is elevation in DHT level. So, the drug helps reduce the level of DHT and increase the level of testosterone in order to prevent and treat hair fall.
- Proscalpin 1mg is ought to be taken as directed by your medical advisor.
- Follow all the directions carefully before and when using this hair fall medicine.
- You need take this medicine only once in a day.
- Take the pills orally with a full glass of water for proper drug assimilation.
- Do not crush, chew or break pill; otherwise, the drug may lose its effectiveness.
- You have to take this medicine regularly to experience the effect; irregular treatment will not yield satisfactory results.
- Do not increase the dose or take more than one pill at a time, as overdose is associated with unwanted side effects.
- Before using Proscalpin 1mg, make sure you talk to your doctor and inform about medical problems you are suffering from, such as prostate issues, sexual problems, heart disease, liver or kidney dysfunction. This medicine is not indicated to men who have severe prostate issues.
- It is highly important that you inform your doctor about the treatment you are undergoing. That’s because certain drugs adversely interact with Finasteride to produce unpleasant side effects. So, let your doctor know about the prescription or OTC medications you are taking.
- Men allergic to Finasteride should never use Proscalpin 1mg.
- Do not give this hair loss medicine to children, women, pregnant women and nursing mothers, as they may prove harmful to them and fetus or newborn.
- Store the pills away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Runny nose
- Low libido
- Sexual impotence
These are common adverse effects of Proscalpin, which usually subside after some time. You should seek immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain, skin rashes, breathlessness, irregular pulse rate, swelling of face and extreme dizziness.